The Census been carried out since time immemorial. The 2019 Kenya Population and Housing Census will be the first since the promulgation of the 2010 Kenya Constitution. It will also be the first paperless census in the country. The census is important as it helps in resource allocation and planning development initiatives at the national and county levels.
As mention earlier, this time round, the census will be conducted using mobile technology. It is the first paperless census. The use of technology is important for this exercise for:
1. Elimination of manual data entry
2. Real time data transmission
3. Shortens time to release the census results
4. Is robust and can be trusted
5. Has incorporated secure systems that have been tried and tested in implementation of other statistical data collection engagements by the KNBS